Friday, March 25, 2016
1. Go to google.com
2. Click the “Sign in” button in the top right of Google’s page.
3. Once you’ve hit the “Sign in” button it will bring you to a page asking you to Choose an account. Here you will click the “Add account” button.
4. This will take you to yet another page. Here you will click on the “Create account” link at the bottom of the page.
5. This will take you to a page that will ask you to fill out all of information that is requested. Please note that the box for “Choose your username” will allow you to create a new email that is email@example.com or you can choose to use an existing one by clicking the link right below said box.
6. Once you’ve finished filling out hit the “Next step” button. You are automatically signed into your google account and clicking continue will take you back to Google.com.
Congratulations you’ve just created your Google Account.
Friday, March 11, 2016
Two minor changes with this update have been made to the system.
1) There is now an option to display forms without a table and placing the field names in as place holders. This will make the form appear cleaner if you are optimizing the website for mobile access as well. There is now an option in the Site Config that will allow you to switch between the 2 displays.
2) We cleaned up the definitions page type. We removed the table and just displayed the term on top fo the defintion in bold, instead of having the term on the side. This presented with a much cleaner format.
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Friday, February 26, 2016
There are times when you want to add coding to your blog posts, and if you do not have proper CSS coding or template updates at your disposal, and would just like to add it quick. Here is one that has been added to our resources that works great.
We have been using the Source Code Formatter for Blogger, Blogspot, Blog & Blogger, Format Formatting Tool. What this on-line utility will do is take your code, and covert it into HTML so you can just copy/paste it right into your posts.
There are settings that you can play with as well, and documentation is provided on the page.
Wednesday, February 24, 2016
Tuesday, February 23, 2016
It is required to secure any folder that has rights for uploading with locking it down so that coding cannot execute within the folders and subfolders of that directory structure. The following code should be placed within an .htaccess file at the root of any folder that has access to upload or create files on the server.
Monday, February 22, 2016
DNS Technology Consultants, Inc. has begun a project that involves the restructuring of the corporate website and consolidation of blog sites. At the moment, the company maintains 10 different blog sites and will be fusing these all under one blog site with different categories feeding the other websites.
Friday, February 19, 2016
This procedure will allow you to convert an existing WordPress blog over to Blogger. The steps are fairly simple; however, can become time consuming and combersome when you have to transfer over the images from the previous blog site.