It is well known that links back to your blog or website will account for 42.8% (2011 statistics) of your Page Level Link Metrics for your Google Page Rank, but the importance of those links or quality may outweigh the quantity. There is where authority links comes in. For example, if there was a link from the Google Blog to your site, the “link juice” that they would provide would be much greater than being linked within 100 other web directories.
Again, within my research, I have game across a post that gives 10 ways to attract authority links. This one is worth some reading. Here is the summary, please click on the link below for the details.
- Write content that attracts Editorial In-content Links
- Fix other people’s broken links
- Create a desirable image library
- Offer to write a column or do a guest post
- Go to where your target audience hangs out
- Fill gaps in content
- Contact big media at the right time
- Approach government or education sites
- Buy links without penalty
- Know the difference between a good and a bad site